Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Not Everyone Gets a Trophy

Today was my 6 year old's (Ramsay) last day of ballet. And because it was her last day, she received...a trophy! She got it not for being the best or even the second or third best, no, she got it just for participating (not that there's anything wrong with that). And wow was she ever proud.

And also happening today, I went to the library for some study time and on my way out I saw a book on the new books shelf titled Not Everyone Gets a Tropy: How to Manage Generation Y. After laughing at the irony, I snagged it and am looking forward to reading it. And it seems like a great read for anyone trying to figure out the upcoming generation. Look at the title of chapter one:

Chapter one- Meet Generation Y: The Most High-Maintenance Workforce in the History of the World

I have always enjoyed studying generational similarities and hope to post some thoughts on the book when I'm finished.