Monday, June 30, 2008

Potty Training

Yes, today is the day that we decided to potty train our Rowan. She is currently running around the house naked. Her first attempt was to stand beside her little potty seat and let herself go...on the carpet. Doh! So close and yet so far.

These are those moments in a parents life where you go through so many emotions. You are frustrated that they just can't transfer what they normally do over to the potty. And yet you also realize that there is some sort of emotional attachment that your baby has to those velcro pants. And that leads me to patience. It's a big deal for her to change a habit that she has know her whole 2 year old life. It's easy to forget that.

As a dad I want to enjoy the milestones like this one, no matter how many messes it makes. I know these are incredible days that I will someday wish that I had back.

So bring on the towels and tears. I'm going to enjoy the journey.