Friday, July 18, 2008

Weekend Preview

Really looking forward to this weekend. Curt will be back in the saddle and he'll be walking us through a portion of Acts with music and narrative.

Then I will be stepping up for chapters 13-14 in our Follow The Leader series. This week we are going to take a look at courage, something that was in abundance in the early church. I think the older I get, the more I seem to recognize it when I see it. And the more I seem to feel frustrated when I lack it. Here are some questions to think about.

What did courage look like in Acts? What does courage look like in the American church today? How does fear inhibit it? And what are some ways that we can increase our courage? And finally, why did Dan Rather end his shows with that word in the late 80's? OK, might keep that last one out for Sunday, but we will be looking at the other ones.